Auto Electric Cell Automatic EDI Module Deionized Water
Ionpure EDI Module for Ultrapure Water for Lab Use
Electrodeionization (EDI) is a process that uses ion exchange resins to absorb
ions from a dilute water stream and then transports the absorbed ions through
ion-exchange membranes into a concentrate water stream under the influence
of an applied electro field. In the process,ion exchange resins do not need to
regeneration via acid or alkali. This new technology could replace traditional
Electrode ionization (DI) equipment, product ultrapure water whose resistance up to 18 MΩ·cm.
A mixed bed ion exchange unit has to be regenerated by using acid and alkali,
but an EDI system does not need such a process. This is the fundamental advantage
of EDI technology over the conventional ion exchange technology. However, this
advantage can be expressed into other aspects as listed below.
1. EDI process does not consume regeneration chemicals.
2. EDI process does not create waste water and much more environmental.
3. EDI systems do not require shutdown for regeneration.
4. EDI systems are smaller than mix bed ion exchange units.
5. EDI process provides water of consistent quality.
6. Operating expenses are lower than ion exchange units.
EDI typically may be used in any applications that require ultrapure water at a resistivity
above 1 MΩ·cm. The typical industries that use ultrapure water include:
1. Microelectronic and semiconductor production.
2. Pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
3. Chemical production.
4. High pressure boiler such as the ones in power plants
Super EDI has the different advantages from other EDI modules as following:
1. EDI does not consume salts in operating and need much lower operating expenses.
2. EDI broadens the feed water limit adequately.
3. EDI does not need to recycle the concentrate, which makes the system much simpler.
4. EDI systems require little energy
The quality of feed water and other operation conditions greatly affect the success of EDI
systems, and may result in unrecoverable damages to the modules. Because of this, the
quality of feed water has to be strictly controlled. Each of the following requirements has to
be met with normal operations and for the validation of its warranty.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a responsefrom us via email. Please be sure to leave yourcontact details so that we can better assist